Balance & Dizziness Programs
World renowned for vestibular therapy and fall prevention!
Balance and walking problems can result from orthopedic conditions, neurological disorders, or a number of injuries that involve the joints, muscles, and nerves.
FYZICAL Therapy and Balance Center therapists take a whole-body approach to consider whether issues with the spine, hip, knee or feet contribute to imbalances, and they provide intensive one-on-one care to help you achieve the greatest independence possible.
Did You Know?
- 1/3 of the population over 65 falls each year
- In patients over 75, imbalance is the #1 reason for a doctor visit
- Falls account for 25% of all hospital admissions
- Falls are the #1 cause of fractures
- Falls account for 40% of all nursing home admissions
- At least half of the overall United States population is affected by a balance or vestibular disorder sometime during their lives.
- Of all falls suffered by the elderly, 50% are reported to be the result of vestibular problems.
- It has been estimated that 65% of individuals older than 60 years of age experience dizziness or loss of balance, often on a daily basis.
Our balance programs focus on strength, endurance, motion, gait training and coordination for safe walking and preventing falls. If you need the assistance of a cane or walker, FYZICAL therapists will match you with the appropriate device and provide training for safety.
At FYZICAL, our therapists realize how important balance and walking is for independent living, as well as for work activities, exercise, sports and enjoying life in general.
That’s why we provide a range of programs and therapies to evaluate and treat balance disorders:
- Assessment and Evaluation Programs
- Difficulty Walking
- Gait Training and Balance Programs
- Fall Prevention and Balance Retraining
- Manual Therapy
- Fitness and Wellness Programs
- Vestibular Rehab
- Functional Training
SAFETY OVERHEAD SYSTEM (S.O.S.)
An overhead harness support system consists of an overhead track and moveable trolly that allows the patient, while secured in a simple body harness, the freedom to ambulate, perform functional types of activities, and fall with minimal risk of injury.
THE SAFETY OVERHEAD SYSTEM (S.O.S.)
- Boosts Confidence– Reduces fear of falling, allowing you to take the next step.
- Natural Range of Motion– Allow for natural movement and does not require the use of the upper body as when using parallel bars.
- Ultimate Safety– Safe atmosphere for balance and gait training. Makes falls a thing of the past.
- Advanced Therapy = Faster Healing– You will be able to rehab quicker and return to full strength in less than average time.
- User Friendly = Happy Patients – Safety harness can be put on easily from a standing or sitting position.
Have you suffered an injury or been struggling with pain?
Did you know you can go see a FYZICAL therapist (for free!) to see what’s wrong and put together a plan of action to heal… before seeing a doctor? That’s what we call FYZICAL First.